Re: cupsys-bsd error?

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 08:09:14AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
| lpr: error - no default destination available.

Either specify a destination, eg
    lpr -P foo
or set a default with
    lpadmin -d foo

| Where do I set this?  I thought that it was done throught the web page on
| port 631.

That's the other way to set it.

| Also, I have a /etc/printcap file left over from another printer server
| install.  Do I need to keep this?

No.  In fact, you're probably better off not keeping it so that
there's no chance it could get in the way.

-D

--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user' as
meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/