postfix or exim?

Hello.

I want to set up an internet server (static ip) which should handle some
mail. It would accept the appropriate mails and users could get them with
pop or imap. The volume would be rather small.

I had a look at several articles and also searched the mail archieves.
Apparently postfix is the preferred solution, but I didn't really get the
reasons for this. Lately I used exim locally and was quite happy with
this.

What are the advantages of postfix? What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Burkhard

--
Burkhard Ritter