Re: Debian and Lucent Winmodems

On Saturday 12 April 2003 01:56, alex wrote:
> I understand that certain Lucent Winmodems can be run in Linux by
> supplying a special driver, making it a software driven modem.

Yes, just pay attention, *some* of them work.

> If a computer has both Windows 98 SE and Debian, can a single
> Winmodem serve both systems?
>
> If anyone out there uses a Winmodem that is shared by a Windows
> system and Debian (or other Linux flavor), could you please let me
> know of your experience with this setup?

Actually it doesn't have anthing to do with Windoze. You load the driver
in GNU/Linux (usually there is no need for a kernel compile), and then
start using it. Windoze will continue working with the modem as before.

Cheers
--
/* My name is Jehovah. I have a special plan to save the universe, but
because of heavenly security reasons I can't tell you what that plan