Re: How to install java plugin?

jqdkf@zju.edu.cn wrote:

Hi,

I download jre from sun's web site, then extract it, and link that
plugin to mozilla/plugins/lib*.so. I have read the install file
carefully and tried many times, but I can't make it work. Does anyone give me some ideas?
I use mozilla 1.0.0.

Zeng Nan

I just updated a Sid box from about 6 months ago that's never had Java on it.

After the update, I went to www.blackdown.org and downloaded the JDK for gcc3.x, ran it in a tmp directory to unzip it, moved the resulting directory to /usr/local, and made a symlink from /usr/local/j2.....plugins..java...so to /usr/lib/mozilla/...plugins and restarted Moz, and bang, all's good.

As shown by this java site:
http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/~yugo/storage/monocrafts_ver3/03/index.html