Re: Teergrube (was Re: MTA: usage of smart host)

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 01:30:19AM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> Nice!
>
> However, how is the MTA supposed to recognize which addresses to apply
> the teergrube to?  They look a bit too random to me.

there are three types of addresses in sugarplum

- randomly generated addresses
- addresses of known spammers
- teergrube addresses

iirc it only does the first two by default, you have to enable the
teergrube addresses.  the teergrube addresses are actually specially
formatted email addresses where the username actually has the src ip address
of the email harvester encoded within it.  try enabling it, and then
try extracting the info from the teergrube address with the
decode_teergrube script provided by the package.  using your teergrube
mailhost and a simple procmail rule (maybe with some kind of threshhold)
you could have a pretty effective rbl.

	sean