Re: Newbie: where to find appletalk.o?

Dave <sblk0802@jimmiedave.com> writes:

> I've scoured the web for a couple workdays and what I find is that I
> need to load the appletalk.o module.
>
> I can't locate appletalk.o on the hard disk, the CDs, nor can I find
> source for it with dselect. Can't find any information on where to
> get it, why it's not included with the CDs, anything online.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to either locate a copy of appletalk.o or the
> source (and method) for compiling it?

If you had it, it'd be in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/net/appletalk/.
It's distributed as part of the standard kernel source, so if you need
it and it's not distributed with any of the standard kernels, you'll
need to build your own kernel.  The canonical reference these days
seems to be http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html.

	-- Abra Mitchell