dpkg --get-selections question

Hi,

I have a production machine which I would like to duplicate in a test lab.  I was just going to get the output of 'dpkg --get-selections' and see if there were some way to parse it to just get the package names.  I'm no programmer and can't script worth a darn, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about doing such a thing?

After that, I figured I could do something along the lines of 'apt-get install `cat packages.txt`' or something to get all of the packages to be the same on both computers.

Is there an easier way to do this even?  Thanks for any help!

Maria
--
Support your local ASPCA
http://www.aspca.org/