Re: Compiling a KDE app (configure: error: Qt ...)

Joe Emenaker <joe@emenaker.com> writes:

> Can someone out there tell me, in simple terms:
> 1 - Which qt libraries (and other packages) I need....

libqt3-mt-dev, possibly libqt3-headers, maybe others.

> 2 - Which gcc I need...,

Use the default g++ (currently g++-3.2).

> and 3 - Which command line options I need...  in order to successfully
> run the "configure" scripts that come with these three KDE apps.

possibly --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3.  It really depends on the
particular configure script though.

Look at the config.log to find why configure is failing.  That will be
far more helpful that stabbing around in the dark.  ;)

--
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve.