Re: OOo Impress question

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 07:53:26PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Is anyone aware if it is possible in OpenOffice.org to save a presentation
> as self-executing (similar to saving a .pps file in M$ Orafice)?
>
> I ask because I have a professor that insists that I prepare a presentation
> for class using M$ Power Point (he claims that it is a de facto standard
> whether I like it or not).  He is not real open to the idea of any other
> presentation program, and of course the tech people at my school won't
> consider deploying OOo.
>
> I was thinking that if I could save it in a self executing format, then he
> wouldn't know the difference and I wouldn't have to worry about exporting
> (since the fonts don't always match up just right and all that).
>
> Any suggestions?

Off to the side, I've heard that Prosper works well, and I believe you can
generate a presentation that uses Acrobat Reader (at least, that's what is
used as a demo of its abilities).  I don't know what the learning curve is,
though, or whether you are into LaTeX/LyX.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,