Re: KDE 3.1.1 -- help!

I'll hijack this thread here . . .

> Try adding this to your sources list I used it this past weekend to upgrade
> woody to kde 3.1.1 and everything went fine. This was from a fresh install.
> deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde/ woody main

I tried this, which generated apt-get errors.

So I followed the instructions on the KDE and apt-get websites, and added
the following line to apt-get's sources.list:

deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.1/Debian stable main

Then I ran `apt-get dist-upgrade`

It upgraded and installed a whole slew of packages, all of which seemed to
go fine and generated only mild warnings.

Unfortunately, now nothing works. The startkde script, recommended by
kde.org for starting kde sessions, no longer exists. Worse, I don't see
any evidence that any kde binary exists: `ls /usr/bin | grep kde.*` shows
a variety of kde-related scripts, but the kde itself is missing. And
apt-get doesn't report any package named kde (in any version) to be
installed, though dselect shows 2.2.25 to be available but not installed.
And dselect screams its head off about conflicts any time I do anything.

Jesse S. Bangs jaspax@u.washington.edu

Jesus asked them, "Who do you say that I am?"

And they answered, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground
of our being, the kerygma in which we find the ultimate meaning of our
interpersonal relationship."

And Jesus said, "What?"