gkrellmwireless range

Anybody using gkrellmwireless?

I've noticed that the krell indicating link quality uses a range of
0-255 while my card reports link quality on a range of 0-92.  This
made the krell always seem to be showing a very poor link, even when
it was very good (the highest it would show would be 92/255, less than
half).

Does anybody else notice this?  Is the 92 a standard value, or is it
just particular to my card?  I've patched and rebuilt gkrellmwireless
here to use a max of 92 for link quality, and it works fine.  Is it
worth suggesting this to the maintainer/author, or is this just a
customization needed for my particular card?

I'm using a linksys wpc11.

good times,
Vineet

--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin