Re: Custom Debian CD Creation

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 12:25:45AM +0200, David Dumortier wrote:

   > > Is there any tool available that will help me create
   > > the custom CD such that I may select the software I want
   > > there, and take care of the dependencies automatically?
   >
   > debian-cd seems to be your friend, I'm actually trying to use it but I've
   > some big problems. To late to explain all ...
   > It seems that with pgi you can make graphicals installations very easy.
   > But configuration of building's cd are very tricky (so I feel).

Recently I tried this in a different way.

I started with knoppix and removed many of the packages from and
installed what I needed. Created the iso and burnt it. Worked fine. Of
course I did not install the modified cd on any machine, but it should
work.

The advantage I see in this route is you have a bootable+live cd with
which we can the h/w for compatibility like X, sound, etc with debian.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

<Mercury> Be warned, I have a keyboard I can use to beat luser's heads
          in, and then continue to use... (=3D:]
<Deek> Mercury: Oh, an IBM. :)