Re: Why I can't boot into Windows XP with Grub

From what I remember, lilo is a hassle to set up to boot with XP. Unless
this has changed recently (and even in that case), grub is probably
better.

I used to use lilo all the time until my dad got a laptop and wanted to
dual boot XP & Linux. grub was painless to install and is much easier to
work with than LILO.

You can follow Mika's instructions to make sure grub can load XP.

OK, (not trying to start a flame here) but you are wrong. I installed Woody on the second partition of my XP machine and lilo did everyhting great. It told me which other bootable partitions it found and asked me a simple "yes or no" as to whether I wanted the other partitions included in my boot menu. I said yes, and everything worked perfectly from the very beginning. I would honestly have to say, that of the entire Debian distro, lilo has given no problems whatsoever.

-Roberto