Re: cdrom and zip can't be mounted

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:14:24AM -0700, Joris Huizer wrote:
| Hello everybody,
|
| I have the following problem: when I try to mount a
| (iomega) zip, or a cdrom, I get the following warning:
|
| mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
| /dev/hdd,
|        or too many mounted file systems
|        (could this be the IDE device where you in fact

Use 'hdd4' instead.  For some odd reason pre-formatted PC zip disks
have only partition 4.  (otherwise you would need to use hdd1 to mount
the first partition)

What device is the cd drive and what command (and fstab entry) are you
using to try and mount it?

-D

--
"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and
impossible to accomplish complex actions."

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/