Re: Login problem

Matz Johansson wrote:

Hej!

I have installed Debian on a pc/104 wich I shall use on my work. Butr I'll
got two problem.

	1.	The resolution is very low, so low that that the login
screen only appears to the half.

Once you're in, run "dpkg-reconfigure xfree86-xserver".

	2.	I cannot login because root is not allowed to login, and I
have no other user in the machine.
Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to switch to the first virtual terminal, and log in there. Then you can run "adduser" to add a new user. As a general rule you don't want to log into X as root; instead, log in as a normal user, and then when you need to do root things, use "su" or "sudo".