Re: Postgres debug logging

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 02:32:10AM +1000, bob parker wrote:
> I am a bit puzzled though because syslog = 2 should cause all noise to go to
> syslog but there is very little there. It is all in /var/log/debug.

syslog = 2 causes all noise to go to the syslog _daemon_.  Based on
the instructions found in /etc/syslog.conf, the daemon decides which
file(s) the messages get written to.  In a default debian config, not
all syslogged messages get written to /var/log/syslog.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that