Re: Postgres debug logging

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 07:51, Jeremiah Mahler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 05:10:49AM +1000, bob parker wrote:
> > I'm running Woody and Postgresql.
> >
> > These lines appear in my /var/log/debug
> >

> Look in the config file [1] and the documentation [2].
> The config option 'server_min_messages' and possibly others
> should be of interest to you.
>
> [1] /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf
>
> [2] http://localhost/doc/postgresql/html/runtime-config.html#LOGGING

Jeremiah,

Thanks, I had a good look through the online docs.

This is what I found in my postgresql.conf
debug_level = 0
log_connections = on
log_pid = on
log_timestamp = on
syslog = 2

I have since altered it to log_connections = off

I am a bit puzzled though because syslog = 2 should cause all noise to go to
syslog but there is very little there. It is all in /var/log/debug.

Anyway I'll check what logcheck brings me in the next few hours.

Thanks

Bob