Re: gnome2.2.1 for woody in cd...

On 05.04.2003 09:28 Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
Mohammed,

your suggestion implies in transfer a huge amount of bits over the telephone line (I forgot to mention in my original email that my "slow internet connection" actually is a telephone line!!), which I want to avoid... I want to create a CD with the gnome2.2.1 files...

Thanks anyway!!!

Marcelo

On 04.04.2003 18:09 Mohammed Sameer wrote:
Once upon a time Marcelo Chiapparini wrote @ Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:24:41
-0300

> Hi!
>
> I am running woody at work and at home, and I want to install the
> Jamie Strandboge's backport of gnome2.2.1. At home I have a slow
> internet connection, but at work the connection is better. I want to

> create a cd at work with all the gnome2.2.1 stuff (which is at
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody

> gnome2.2/)  in order to install gnome2.2.1 at home from this cd. How

> can I create it?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help!

I had to sync. my apt-get cache with a friend of mine,
What i did was. Copying the content of /var/cache/apt/archives from my
friend's to my /var/cache/apt/archives
worked fine!

--
-- Katoob Main Developer