Re: Reiserfs : stuck at boot-time fsck

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:26, Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
> At boot time, the system gets stuck with the following messages :
>
> [LILO and other usual kernel boot messages]
> Checking all file systems...
> fsck 1.33-WIP (30-Mar-2003)

Problem solved itself : while I was busy on a nearby workstation I saw
GDM show up on the screen... The system had booted without my
intervention, its just that it needed more than two hours to do so.

So the conclusion is that if you see your machine frozen at boot time
with the above message it just means that it is busy fscking itself. I
guess that some kind of animation would have been useful to show the
user that the system is not dead.