Reiserfs : stuck at boot-time fsck

At boot time, the system gets stuck with the following messages :

[LILO and other usual kernel boot messages]
Checking all file systems...
fsck 1.33-WIP (30-Mar-2003)

And that's all. I'm guessing that there must be a filesystem corruption that
fsck has a problem with. I'm currently downloading a rescue CD - actually a
couple of them just to be sure : timos_rescue_cd_set-0.9.7.iso and
rip-52.iso.bin) and I'm going to burn them, boot the system and see what is
hapening.

The stuck system is a Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop with a single IDE hard disk with
a single ReiserFS partition. It runs unstable.

I'm probably going to get more information from the rescue CDs but I'm wondering
if anyone who has ever seen the same problem could tell me how he solved it.