Re: is there a i586 distro?

A couple searches didnt yeild very much.

There are two items encouraging me to look at gentoo
	1. rumored performance increases from native compiles
	2. more current versions of apps in packages
	* a couple friends have run gentoo, rh, debian, mandrake
		and indicate that gentoo is very stable
	* current packages - no flame wars - exim4 needs to be
		downloaded/built for debian and its the main
		smtp package

Main item pushing away from gentoo:
	1. long build times on my lowend firewall
	2. need for a compiler on everybox includeing firewall
		* rumor has it, gentoo can build a binary
			package for distribution
			nice feature for for a corporate env

thoughts?