Re: time is slipping away

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 01:57:00AM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> A while ago someone gave me the briefer than brief on how to get my clock
> synced. I'm pretty sure they had me using ntp, but when I try to use it
> now it says that my server is missing. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
> The ntpdate docs suggest there should be an ntp.conf file to edit, but I
> don't have one in my /etc directory.
>
> emmajane@debian:~$ ntpdate
>  4 Apr 01:56:31 ntpdate[1336]: no servers can be used, exiting

I don't know much about the ntp* programs, but have you given chrony a
go?  Just edit /etc/chrony/chrony.conf to give it a time server (the
'server' line), and let it run...it keeps your clock nicely synced, and
is especially useful for dialup.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
Encrypt your mail: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC | Do I look like I want a CC?