Re: time is slipping away

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 09:30:19 +0200, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

> Hey all:
>
> A while ago someone gave me the briefer than brief on how to get my
> clock synced. I'm pretty sure they had me using ntp, but when I try to
> use it now it says that my server is missing. Can anyone tell me how to
> fix this? The ntpdate docs suggest there should be an ntp.conf file to
> edit, but I don't have one in my /etc directory.

Hi!

the file is /etc/default/ntp-servers.
To set your clock you need to do:
/etc/init.d/ntpdate start

Have a look at the script to see how it works. the npt-server file
is sourced (setting the environment variables) before ntpdate is called.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli@thomas-guettler.de>
http://www.thomas-guettler.de