Re: USB camera mount

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 10:10:19AM +0100, Tim wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> >Olivier wrote:
> >
> >>scsi1 means  it's /dev/sdb1 ?
> >

> >mount: /dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device

I have a Sony with a memory stick which stores the images in jpeg
format.  I had no trouble in configuring a 2.4.18 kernel to support usb
mass storage and adding /dev/sdb1 /sony vfat ro,users,noauto 0 0 to my fstab.
I already had append="hdd=ide-scsi" in lilo.conf under image=/boot/bzImage.
cdrecord --scanbus reported the camera was present so after mkdir /sony I mounted /sony and downloaded all the .jpg files to a hard drive with no difficulty.  Perhaps this this helps?

Tom George