GRUB question - book2

"book2" so the other thread isn't hijacked.

What are the pros/cons of usin Grub vs Lilo?  Lilo vs Grub?

I have had great success with SystemCommander+PartitionCommander (not free and not expensive). Tried using lilo the other day with no issues. Tried switching over to grub with apt-get install grub and had to redo the harddrive.

Any tips on using grub?

Key deciding factor for me is no dependancy on an installed OS that is normally under use. _commander installs in its own 40meg partition at the front of the disk.

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://wwws.sun.com/sunone  =