Re: 2 Hardware Questions (LCD/Wireless Router)

Matt Price <matt.price@utoronto.ca> writes:

> In the process of setting up a home network which will have the
> following machines on it:

I just picked up the D-Link 713p (wireless router/firewall) and am happy
with it. It speaks PPPoE to the DSL provider and can be configured to
pass ssh requests from outside into my machine. There's a Mac plugged
directly into it and speaks 802.11 to my PC. I hooked up the D-Link
DWL-810 to my PC since a wireless card I got didn't have the power to
reach the router. This is an interesting little bridge which plugs into
your Ethernet port, so it's easy as pie to install and no special
drivers are needed.