Trying to install Gnome 2.2

Howdy...

Now that I have X up and running and things are good, I tried upgrading gnome to version 2.2. Unfortunately, dselect is having some problems resolving some dependencies, and refuses to move past this one screen:

Opt libs libxft2 (libxft2 depends on xlibs >= 4.2.0)
Req libs libperl5.6  (gaim depends on libperl5.6 >= 5.6.1-8.2)
Opt libs xlibs (libxft2 depends on xlibs >= 4.2.0 and gnome-core depends on xlibs >=4.2.0)
Opt web mozilla-psm (evolution recommends mozilla-psm >= 1.3)
Opt mail evolution (evolution recommends mozilla-psm >= 1.3)
Opt net gaim (gaim depends on libperl5.6 >= 5.6.1-8.2(
Opt x11 gnome-core (gnome-core depends on xlibs >= 4.2.0)

Everything here seems to be satisfied, so why can't I move on? just pressing enter results in the "Dependency/conflict resolution" help screen, and shows the same dependency issues.

When I tried setting some of these to 'not install', it broke down worse. If anyone can provide help or if I can send more useful infromation, please let me know.

-Jeff