Re: Does the GPL requires recognition?

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 15:31:55 +0300, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> Does the GNU GPL, requires authors of derivative works, to give credit to
> the original authors or not? I mean, let's say if I write a GPL program,
> and someone uses a portion of my code in his GPL software, is it mandatory
> for him to give me credit for my work?

	What does "give credit" means?

	The GPL says nothing about that.  But it is a basic principle of
copyright that you can't remove the copyright notices in the originals you
use, either to create a straightforward copy or a derivate.

--
  _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra    +41 (21) 648 11 34
 / \  Lausanne, Vaud, Suisse                    +41 (78) 778 11 34