Re: Ugly font hell

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:37:13PM +0200, Roman Joost wrote:

> 3. GTK1 applications are defined through ~/.gtkrc configuration file or
> "gnomecc". GTK2 has gnome-control-center or kde has kcontrol (or maybe
> newer.. don't know - i don't use kde).

Ah, this is it. I was using the "URW Gothic" font. And when I change
the theme font thru gnomecc to Verdana or even good ol' Helvetica,
Mozilla's embedded widgets go back to a sane size.

Some other fonts are still freaky (Arial has been replaced by some
horrible font with curly tips), but now I have a useable browser
again. I can be happy now, and return to a more leisurely investigation
of the font setup.

Thanks much!
Robbie