Re: PPPOE / ADSL fails

Both of you should try adsl-start as an alternative.  I had been using
pppd at boot-time to get my DSL connection up and it has worked for
months.  However, about a week ago, it stopped working.  I fought with
it for a while.  Just to see what happened, I tried adsl-start and it
worked immediately.  I have not had time to figure out why this is,
but it worked for me.  I have been using that for the past week or so,
until I can figure out why.

By the way, I haven't been able to access news.verizon.net either
since this happened.  It doesn't respond to ping or anything.  I also
cannot ping it from other machines, so it seems down to me.  But it
seems strange that this occurred with the other change.  HTH.

Brian