installing woody

Hello. I have been using Mandrake linux for about 6 months now. It has been a
nice little intro into the world of linux and have learned tons. Not entirely
satisfied with the RPM package management system that MDK uses and after
having done some research am considering switching to Debian(my first choice
by the way). Downloaded Woody in its entirety, only realizing now that the
first CD was all I really needed, and after having tried to install it a few
times have become frustrated that I just can't get the system to pick up my
NIC. Unfortunately, I dont have a nice comp at home. I'm still using my
trusty P1 166. Will eventually upgrade to something much more modern. But, in
the meantime, I could certainly use some assistance with this hardware issue.
The NIC in question is a Surecom EP-325-T Full duplex PCI card. My mobo has no
native PCI slots and is using a PCI-to-ISA bridge adapter. I've browsed
through the Debian HCL and have determined that this card is supported and
assume that it has something to due with my particular hardware. The install
routine just never seems to pick it up and the DHCP portion of the setup
always fails. Any suggestions would be most appreciated as I look forward to
using the much bragged about APT-GET.  Bye for now.
Thanks,
Jim
--
"My naturally sweet nature and disposition has
 been spoiled by the sport of billiards".