Re: upgrading to unstable KDE

On April 1, 2003 06:11 pm, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> You'll probably have much better luck using the unofficial native woody
> packages of KDE 3.1.  See http://www.apt-get.org/, which will refer you
> to:
> deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/ woody main

Thanks everyone for the apt-pinning warnings, and for this alternate tip.  I
installed KDE 3.1 from this source, with just some minor setbacks.  gdm
didn't seem to recognize kde3 upon logging out of kde after the reinstall,
but setting kdm as the default display manager and rebooting got me in.

--
We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are.