Installing WordPerfect 8.0 in woody

A couple of years ago Corel gave free downloads of WordPerfect 8.0 for linux. I still have the original packet, and I'm trying to install it in woody. That is not, however, so simple. WP can only be installed with the Runme script provided in the packet, and it requires older libraries like libc5 and such. Woody has newer ones, and this results in unsuccesful installation.

From a site concerning WP8 installation issues, I read that I should (temporarily? Does only installation need these libraries, or are they needed in runtime?) copy the older libraries in the place of the newer etc. etc., but since I'm not quite sure about how safe it is, I'm trying to find another way to install it first. What do you think:

- Is it safe to temporarily downgrade the libraries through Debian package management system, like apt-get? Is the process like this: downgrade libraries, install WP, upgrade libraries again?

- Should I install one older linux distribution, which naturally has these needed libraries (I have unused hard disk space), mount my present partition in some directory, install WP in a directory I prefer, and after reboot into Woody start using WP without problems?

- I have a live cd of one older RedHat based distribution (I earlier used a similar distribution, and WP installed without problems), but if I boot from that cd, I have difficulties to mount my hard disk. Is it possible to mount it somehow, because this sounds the easiest way to install WP?

Has anyone experiences in installing WP8 into a system which normally uses libc6 and other newer libraries?

Teemu Luojola