Re: cdrdao / ide-scsi problem

Nathan E Norman wrote:
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 02:07:28AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:10:10AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

cdrecord asks the following debconf question:

OK, mybad.  But xcdroast doesn't, and I never use cdrecord from the
command line since xcdroast will do it all in one shot for me.

Shoot the maintainer of xcdroast an email asking him about the issue,
or open a wishlist bug.

Hi
when you install xcdroast, logged into X as root, it does this the first time you start the app.:

/bin/chown root /usr/lib/xcdroast/bin/xcdrwrap
/bin/chgrp cdrom /usr/lib/xcdroast/bin/xcdrwrap
/bin/chmod 2755 /usr/lib/xcdroast/bin/xcdrwrap
/bin/chown root /usr/bin/cdrecord
/bin/chgrp cdrom /usr/bin/cdrecord
/bin/chmod 4710 /usr/bin/cdrecord
/bin/chown root /usr/bin/mkisofs
/bin/chgrp cdrom /usr/bin/mkisofs
/bin/chmod 4710 /usr/bin/mkisofs
/bin/chown root /usr/bin/readcd
/bin/chgrp cdrom /usr/bin/readcd
/bin/chmod 4710 /usr/bin/readcd
/bin/chown root /usr/bin/cdda2wav
/bin/chgrp cdrom /usr/bin/cdda2wav
/bin/chmod 4710 /usr/bin/cdda2wav

This is from the last time I installed xderoast.
I' running unstable with "xcdroast 0.98+0alpha13-2"

Work's like charm for all users, Windowmaker and KDE.

--
/ernst