Re: login as root to GUI

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:31:52 -0800
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Please turn your line wraps on to something more sensable like 72
> columns per line instead of one paragraph per line.

This isn't meant to be picking on you. But I've been considering this
for a while.

People shouldn't wrap lines at all in messages they send -- this is a
hoary hold-over from the dark ages.

Line wrap is a display function, and it should be handled by the
receiver's MUA. People who want big windows with wide paragraphs can
have them; people who want narrow windows can have those.

And people who still use MUAs that can't do line wrap should consider
finding one that can.

Kevin