Re: help!! my partition table is lost after a next reboot ...

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:22:39 +0200
Roman Joost <romanjoost@gmx.de> wrote:

> If someone had the same bad luck, i'll recommend to do this:
>
> 1. print out your partition table or rescue it, like Kevin said: fdisk
> -ul /dev/hda >part.table 2. remove all the partitions
> 3. create a new partition table without any filessystem (parted:
> mkpart). parted catched my filessystems than. I read, that this should
> work also after a reboot.

Good show. I thought from your message that you didn't have a copy of
the partition boundaries.

I don't understand what you mean in 3.

Can parted work with sector numbers? I couldn't see how to do that, so I
just use fdisk.

Don't use cfdisk to print your partition boundaries -- they'll be off by
63 sectors.

Kevin