Re: Sawfish 1.3 + Gnome2 questions?

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:04:29AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> 1) I can't figure out how to turn edge-flipping on. That's the ability
> to drag a window between workspaces. I use that feature quite heavily
> and am loathe to use the little teeny things in the pager to try and
> accomplish this. I read some discussion on the edge-flipping capbility
> in the sawfish bugzilla database and my interpretation was that it was
> removed, but the discussion was from last year and a poll showed
> overwhelming support for the feature so I'm hoping it didn't
> disappear.

I'm running Sawfish 1.3 with Sun's GNOME 2.0 packages on a Solaris
machine - trying to deal with that piece of garbage Metacity was enough
to make me switch back to CDE. If you add the line
  (require 'sawfish.wm.ext.edge-flip)
to your ~/.sawfishrc edge-flipping will be available, and should show up
in the configuration tool under Workspaces. I found that using the GNOME
pager with a single horizontal row of workspaces screwed things up and I
had to add
  (setq overriden-num-workspace-rows 1)
to be able to flip past the left and right edges instead of only top and
bottom.

--
Michael Heironimus