Re: help!! my partition table is lost after a next reboot ...

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:59:44 +0200
Roman Joost <romanjoost@gmx.de> wrote:

> I destroyed my partition table with parted. I tried the command
> mklabel:( .. damn...

For today you're screwed.

For tomorrow, whenever you set up your new partition table (and any time
you make changes to it) save the data to a file:

fdisk -ul /dev/hda >part.table

Then squirrel that file away on a floppy, a zip, a CD and as many other
places as you can think of.

The next time you do this you'll have the information to rebuild your
partition table.

(It shouldn't be too hard to guess how I learned this.)

Kevin