Re: compiling a kernel

Thanks everybody for the suggestions on a succesfull
kernel compilation

I now compiled it but it won't boot.
I get this error stuff - and I don't know what it
means :
----------

request_module[block_major-3]: Root fs not mounted
UFS Cannot open root device "341" or 03:41
Please append a correct "root" boot option
kernel panic: UFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03.41

There may be typo's - the output was not put in
/var/log/kern.log and the first letter fell off the
screen.

Can anybody tell me what this is - and, more important
- how to fix it ?

Thanks very much !

Joris