ip_tables newbie needs help [was "test - please ignore"

Hugh Saunders wrote:
[OFF-LIST]

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:47:20PM -0100, ernst wrote:

test - please ignore

<flame>
it is *never* necessary to post a test message.
</flame>

why not just post something relevant (as that is why you joined the list
(hopeully)) then see if you get it back?

Sometimes takes 30mins or so for message to come back from the
list servers.

hugh

Sorry about this, never do it again.

So to my question,
I have a debian box configured as firewall with IP tables. Basicly exepting all traffic out and only ssh in. But this rule say "Allow everyone access". Her is from the firewall script:
<snip>
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport ssh -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport ssh -j ACCEPT
</snip>

Is there an easy way to change the rule so I can limit to e.g :
one host?
one net/subnet
or users?

Another problem is when I run "iptables -L" after stop and start, I'll get the same result. Is there a way to "flush", or clean up the rules?

Please help.
thanks

--
/ernst