Helvetica Fonts gone

I'm running Unstable, and a while ago the Helvetica fonts disappeared
from my available fonts list.  I've searched the Debian archives as well
as on Google, but I haven't found anything that will tell me how to fix
this problem.  A message posted last year on the Debian list mentioned
that the Helvetica font is in the xfonts-75dpi and xfonts-100dpi
packages, which I have installed.  I found some articles that mentioned
the need to setup aliases for the Helvetica font on Debian, but they
seemed out of date, as well as not providing much information, and their
linked to extra documentation was no longer available.  Can someone
point me in the right direction for fixing this problem?  TIA.

Rob