Re: Should I upgrade my kernel?

hello sean,,

i copy your original post below.
this is the bit of concern (to me):
"you should _definitely_
upgrade, because there's a root-priviledge security
hole in that
kernel[2]."

i am trying to reset my pW with some great amount of
difficulty (to me).
i have this kernel,, is it possible the box has been
compromised?
see my post - "its been up so long_ root is jello"

thankyou.

RM

hi roberto,

is this machine for your own personal use, or have you
given accounts
on it to other people?  if the case is the former, and
it works fine
for you for what you need, i don't think you need to
bother (though it
is definitely a worthwhile learning experience[1]).
however, if you
give other people access to this machine, you should
_definitely_
upgrade, because there's a root-priviledge security
hole in that
kernel[2].

hth
sean