Re: Sarge Release Date

On Sunday 30 March 2003 10:28, David Krider wrote:
<snip>
> Please note that I'm NOT trolling or looking to start a flamewar. It's
> just that it took me three tries to get Woody installed. I've heard that
> Sarge will have a new installer and a new manual. I'm looking to get a
> feel for the timeframe.

I used to use Mandrake and it kept me comfortably numb during installation.
Switching to Debian forced me to deal with partitions and a host of other
stuff.  I was a good education and I feel more in control of the machine as a
result.  I fully accept that this "educational" experience is not beneficial
for everyone.  I hope the Sarge installer will have a "numbness" setting on
it so that interested people can watch the gears turn if they so desire.  I
guess I'll be a Gentoo user sometime if I stay on the current trajectory.
--
Mike M.