Re: bootmanager madness

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:40:30 +0800
Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net> wrote:

> Before reinstalling, first try adding "makeactive" to the Windows 98
> setting, like this:
>
>   rootnoverify (hd0,0)
>   makeactive
>   chainloader +1

"makeactive" isn't really needed, although the grub docs say to use it.
I dual-boot several machines between Debian and windows, and I don't
have "makeactive" on any of them.

The original poster's problem is that he had his menu.lst in
/grub/menu.lst, and grub was looking for /boot/grub/menu.lst.

Also check out this to find out how to get updated menus automagically
when you install or remove a .deb kernel image:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html#GRUB-KERNEL-PKG

Kevin