Re: xpdf

> Maybe use pdflatex directly to produce the PDF file? That usually does
> a much better job of producing attractive output than ps2pdf.

I'll try that, although I'm not sure if prosper will cooperate.

> The problem you might encounter in this case is that you have to turn
> embedded eps files into pdf files first and then refer to the images
> without any extension. That is:
>
> \includegraphics{filename}
>
> rather than:
>
> \includegraphics{filename.eps}
>
> So you're still going to have to rely on a good eps-->pdf
> converter. The one included in the teTeX distribution (ps2pdf) is OK,
> but the bash script eps2pdf is more sophisticated, I think. As far as
> I can tell it's not available in Debian, but you can get it here
> (along with some good documentation)
>
> http://soliton.science.uva.nl/~kager/figepspdf/eps2pdf.htm

I'll try that. I also contacted the author of xpdf, and he tells me that
anti-aliasing of vector graphics is not yet supported, so I think that
this will not work either. He plans on developing his own rasterizer this
year and is not sure yet whether it will get included in the open source
xpdf stream, :-/

> Good luck with your presentation,

Thank you, :-)

David