DHCP client problem

Hello,

I am having problems with my Debian 3 unstable and my DHCP connection. I use dhclient 2.0pl5-15 and it gets an address without any problem at first.

The problem comes in, when the lease expires. At that time I get 'receive_packet failed on eth0: Network is down'.

On the dhcpd side (which is a RedHat system) I get:

dhcpd: Reclaiming abandoned IP address 192.168.1.198.
dhcpd: Abandoning IP address 192.168.1.198: pinged be fore offer
dhcpd: Reclaiming abandoned IP address 192.168.1.200.

After that, the client gets a new address and everything is fine again, until the next lease expires. The whole thing repeats every 10 minutes.

Does any1 have a clue or at least wether its a client or a server problem?

Any hints would be welcome.

TIA, Harry