Re: [OT] History of debian-user footer.

* John Hasler (john@dhh.gt.org) wrote:
> Cam Ellison wrote:
> > As I remind my clients frequently, when I refuse to recommend a
> > candidate: half the population is below average.
>
> Do any of your clients ever remind you that the mean is not the
median?

Most of them probably understand the concept quite well (engineers,
accountants, MBAs), but it doesn't seem to occur to them,
interestingly enough.  Mind you, with a sufficiently large sample, the
values of the median and the mean are indistinguishable.

This conversation is already way too serious.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast