Problems getting Samba to work

I am attempting to build a media server, using samba to transfer files
to the media server from my Windows XP box and am unable to logon to the
media server.  I am able to get to the media server and view the open
shares, but I'm unable to get to the shared files themselves (let alone
write to the directory).  When trying to access the folder, I get a
login box that has "hostname\username" locked as the username.  I'm
unable to find anything that might have caused this.  Below is the
contents of my smb.conf.  Any help would be appreciated.

Peace,
David Meiser

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)