Re: [OT] Designing a Website

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 10:33:33PM +0200, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > Your sig does not begin with a single line consisting of the three
> > characters "-- " (ignoring the quotes); such a delimiter is considered
> > standard.
>
> ASAIKS, my sig does have that "-- " character, because KMail 1.5
> automatically puts it before the signature.

Hmm, mea culpa.  I see that it is indeed there.  You could probably
lose some of the empty lines following it, but I've ragged on you
enough today.

I apologise for claiming your sig was missing the delimiter.

Say, would you be offended if I asked you to wrap your lines a bit
earlier than 80? :-)  65-72 seem to be widely used wrap columns.

> > Secondly, as far as I am aware your tagline is misattributed (though I
> > confess I'm not sure whether you are claiming "UNDEAD Evil GNU/Linux"
> > said that tagline or not).  I believe it is widely accepted that Henry
> > Spencer is the origin of that quote.
>
> I got that quote, from a website called UNDEAD EVIL Linux. It's the
> website of a Linux distro, and in the website, the original author of
> the quote wan't mentioned, so I thought maybe it's their own original
> quote. Anyway, I will change it, now that I know the original author.
>
> And BTW, thanks for the URL you gave me. It seems to be a valueable
> resource about CSS.

I hope it works out for you, and again, good luck with the professor.
He sounds like more of an asshole than I am.  I would guess that if
your site looks good in MSIE, you're good to go.

I don't know if you explored Eric's page, but apparently ESPN's
website is using CSS instead of tables for layout these days (among
other sites).

I don't know how standards compliant it is, but I always liked the
look of www.xiph.org, though some browsers do a poor job rendering it.

  Multiculturalism is one society's tolerance of other
  societies' intolerance.
          -- Mark Steyn