Re: How should we handle people who can not unsubscribe?

* Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> [20030328 13:48 PST]:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 07:10:27PM +0200, Barak Korren wrote:
> > Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > >Or, we could require users to pass some sort of comprehension test
> > >before successfully subscribing to the list
> > <joking>
> > Actullay implementing this test will be real easy, just cancel the web
> > subscription form...
> > </joking>
>
> Seriously, blacklisting outlook* works but it is not the right thing to
> do. It may not be bad things to do for developer mailing list, though.

This is a horrible idea.  I thought we were all about openness here?
The idea is that we're each free to choose our MUA of choice.  We all
make jokes about outlook users being idiots, but this kind of suggestion
has no place in a serious discussion about managing unsubscription
requests.

good times,
Vineet
--